Terms of ServiceThe short version:
(1) 'Builder Book' creates and sells a digital book at builderbook.org.
(2) 'Readers' purchase the book sold by Builder Book.
(3) Readers must sign up with a Google account to purchase and read our book.
(4) We use Stripe to securely process payments and do not provide refunds.
(5) We reserve the right to cancel a Reader's account or block a Reader from using Builder Book at any time, with or without reason.
(6) We reserve the right to stop ugrading packages and providing support for our book with 1 month's notice.
The long version:
Regarding Your Registration
By using the Company Services, you represent and warrant that:
(1) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
(2) you will maintain the accuracy of such information;
(3) you will keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your password and account;
(4) you are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use this Website; and
(5) your use of the Company Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
You also agree to:
(1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Website’s registration form and
(2) maintain and promptly update registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any portion thereof).
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Website or the Company Services ("Submissions") provided by you to Company are non-confidential and Company shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You may not access or use the Website for any other purpose other than that for which Company makes it available. The Website may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Company. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
(1) attempting to bypass any measures of the Website designed to prevent or restrict access to the Website, or any portion of the Website
(2) attempting to impersonate another user or person or using the username of another user
(3) deciphering, decompiling, disassembling or reverse engineering any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website
(4) deleting the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Website content
(5) engaging in any automated use of the system, such as using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools
(6) except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, using or launching, developing or distributing any automated system, including, without limitation, any spider, robot (or "bot"), cheat utility, scraper or offline reader that accesses the Website, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software
(7) harassing, annoying, intimidating or threatening any Company employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Company Services to you
(8) interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services connected to the Website
(9) making any unauthorized use of the Company Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses
(10) selling or otherwise transferring your profile
(11) systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from Company
(12) tricking, defrauding or misleading Company and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as passwords
(13) using any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person
(14) using the Company Services as part of any effort to compete with Company or to provide services as a service bureau
(15) using the Website in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Website (“Company Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”) are owned by Company, and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Company Content, includes, without limitation, all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs and graphics. All Company graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, common law trademarks or trade dress of Company in the United States and/or other countries. Company's trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Company. Company Content on the Website is provided to you “AS IS” for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, aggregated, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Provided that you are eligible to use the Website, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Website and the Company Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Company Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Company reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Website and Company Content and Marks.
Third Party Websites and Content
The Website contains (or you may be sent through the Website or the Company Services) links to other websites ("Third Party Websites"). Such Third Party Websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Websites accessed through the Website. Linking to any Third Party Website does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Website and access the Third Party Websites, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern.
Term and Termination
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Website or are otherwise a user or member of the Website, as applicable. You may terminate your use or participation at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions for terminating user accounts in your account settings, if available, or by contacting us using the contact information below. Without limiting any other provision of this agreement, company reserves the right to, in company’s sole discretion and without notice or liability, deny access to and use of the website and the company services, to any person for any reason or for no reason at all, and company may terminate your use or participation in the website and the company services, revoke your access to a purchased book, delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted at any time, without warning, in company’s sole discretion. In order to protect the integrity of the Website and Company Services, Company reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block certain IP addresses from accessing the Website and Company Services. Company also reserves the right to block users on Github from contributing to company’s Github organization and repositories. Any provisions of this Agreement that, in order to fulfill the purposes of such provisions, need to survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement, shall be deemed to survive for as long as necessary to fulfill such purposes. You understand that certain states allow you to cancel this agreement, without any penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of company’s third business day following the date of this agreement, excluding sundays and holidays. To cancel, contact us during normal business hours using the contact information listed below. If Company terminates or suspends your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, Company reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
Company may modify this Agreement from time to time. Any and all changes to this Agreement will be posted on the Website and revisions will be indicated by date. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Company Services after any such modification becomes effective. Company may also, in its discretion, choose to alert all users with whom it maintains email information of such modifications by means of an email to their most recently provided email address. It is therefore important that you regularly review this Agreement and keep your contact information current in your account settings to ensure you are informed of changes. You agree that you will periodically check the Website for updates to this Agreement and you will read the messages we send you to inform you of any changes. Modifications to this Agreement shall be effective after posting.
Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Company Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Company Services.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices given to Company shall be given by email to the address listed in the contact information below. Any notices given to you shall be given to the email address you provided during the registration process, or such other address as each party may specify. Notice shall be deemed to be given twenty-four (24) hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid.
Our Website will maintain certain data that you transfer to the Website for the purpose of the performance of the Company Services, as well as data relating to your use of the Company Services. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are primarily responsible for all data that you have transferred or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Company Services. You agree that Company shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against Company arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
1) 'Builder Book' creates and sells a digital book at builderbook.org.
(2) 'Readers' purchase the book sold by Builder Book.
(3) We do not show ads on any of our products and we do not sell any of your information to third parties.
(4) Readers must sign up with a Google account to purchase and read books.
(5) We use Google solely for signing up and logging in. We do not access, store, or sell any information from your Google account or your Builder Book account.
(6) We use Stripe to securely process payments. We do not store any payment information in our databases.
The long version:
What personal information do we ask people to provide on our website?
When registering or placing an order on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience. Readers sign up for our Builder Book using their Google account. We do not access your Google account, and we do not store any information from your Google account or sell any of your information to third parties.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information you provide when you register, make a purchase, use other site features in the following ways:
(1) To improve our website in order to better serve you.
(2) To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
(3) To process your transactions.
(4) To send emails regarding your order.
We send you emails in order to:
(1) Provide information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
(2) Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
(3) Provide you additional information related to your product and/or service.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order or enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (Stripe) and are not stored or processed on our servers. You can change your personal information by logging into your account.
Do we use 'cookies'?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website. We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.**Google**We use Google Analytics to monitor our site traffic and understand from which sites users come to our site. We do not use Google AdSense on our website. To prevent collection of your data by Google Analytics, you can opt out by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.